Saturday, March 2, 2013

Chapter 18, Shloka 59 - 66


Shloka 59
yad ahankaram asritya 
na yotsya iti manyase 
mithyaisa vyavasayas te 
prakrtis tvam niyoksyati


When (under) egoism you take refuge, (and) 'I shall not fight' thus you think (decide); (it will be) vain resolve of yours, for (your innate) nature will command you (your actions).




Shloka 60
svabhava-jena kaunteya 
nibaddhah svena karmana 
kartum necchasi yan mohat 
karisyasy avaso 'pi tat


Born of (your/one's own) innate nature, Kaunteya, bound your own karma (of kshatriya); what you do not wish to perform because of delusion, you will perform even that, against your will.



Shloka 61
isvarah sarva-bhutanam 
hrd-dese 'rjuna tisthati 
bhramayan sarva-bhutani 
yantrarudhani mayaya


Ishvara (the Lord) resides in heart of all beings, Arjuna; causing all being to move (as if) fixed on a machine, by the power of maya.


Shloka 62
tam eva saranam gaccha 
sarva-bhavena bharata 
tat-prasadat param santim 
sthanam prapsyasi sasvatam


Go to (seek) His refuge with all your being O Bharata, by His grace supreme peace and eternal abode (you'll) gain.


Shloka 63
iti te jnanam akhyatam 
guhyad guhyataram maya 
vimrsyaitad asesena 
yathecchasi tatha kuru


Thus, to you, knowledge (I have) explained, most secret of secret; reflecting upon it fully, as you desire, you do! 


Shloka 64
sarva-guhyatamam bhuyah 
srnu me paramam vacah 
isto 'si me drdham iti 
tato vaksyami te hitam


Most secret of all, further, listen to my supreme words, (you are) very dear to me, therefore I speak for your benefit.


Shloka 65
man-mana bhava mad-bhakto 
mad-yaji mam namaskuru 
mam evaisyasi satyam te 
pratijane priyo 'si me


Fix your mind on me, be devoted to me, perform sacrifice to me and bow down (worship) me; thus you'll truly come to me, I promise, (since) you are dear to me.


Shloka 66
sarva-dharman parityajya 
mam ekam saranam vraja 
aham tvam sarva-papebhyo 
moksayisyami ma sucah


Abandon all dharma, (in) me alone take refuge; I shall deliver you from evil, do not grieve.



No comments: